Getting admission in your dream college requires the preparation from the very first day. To being shortlisted in a business school has many steps including the grades in graduation, good marks in entrance test, college test score and a personal interview. Fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not that hard like impressing the interviewer in personal interview. In most colleges the personal interview is just to check that you fit in their criteria or not. This is the last step for your dream college so when you got shortlisted for interview, always take it seriously and give your 110% to impress them. It’s a chance to present yourself in an innovative way and build a good relationship with the gatekeeper of admissions.
The students must understand one basic fact that an interview representative seeks to know the core knowledge of your previous course, professionalism, and the interest for their college. Thoroughly, you can mitigate your never only by preparation. The more you prepare, the more you can present confidently in the interview. We have listed 5 amazing tips to nail your college interview in the first place, checkout:
- Impress by dress: The phrase first impression is the last impression, always work for college interview. It is true that an interviewer will not expect a candidate in casual wear so for impressing them one should carry the clothes according to the college’s culture. I suggest going with the formal and allow them to assume that you understand the professionalism, seriousness for study and look quite mature. In one line you must be presentable.
- Homework about the college: A homework is the most important and helpful tool for interview whether we talk about a job or a college admission interview. Whomever is taking the interview, the person is related to that organization and want a candidate who understand the core culture, norms, work cycle and many more. They can ask anything about the college during the interview because there are many students who only wants to get a degree but if the process is lengthy then it is obvious that they will select those students who really wants to get in there.
- Don’t interrupt in between: when the interview is taking interest in you and talking with you on various topics, you should not interrupt between his conversation but try to remember their each and every word because they can cross check your presence anytime.
- Be specific: when you are going for an interview prepare yourself to be specific. Try to take less time because no one wants to hear a long story. Make a list of general questions and answers then shorten the answers so that you can generate their interest.
- Talk about academics: Try to relate your answers with academics. This leads to make them understand that you have a good knowledge about the course and subjects. Interview representatives consider a well-rounded candidate, they prioritize those students who understand the value of education and invested in their studies.
As we all know that many of students wants admission in top colleges but due to some reasons it haven’t happened with them. College time is the most valuable period of life, so present wisely in your interview. I hope tips from RCM will help you in your preparation.