Appointment of Ombudsman
Establishing Control with Effective Strategic Planning
Appointment of Ombudsman for MBA & PGDM programs of RCM
Establishment of Grievance Redressal Committee in the Institution and Appointment of OMBUDSMAN by the University. (As per All India Council for Technical Education (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, F. No. 37- 3/ Lega112012, dated 25.05.2012).
AS per AICTE Handbook 2020 Grievance Redressal Mechanism Each University shall appoint an Ombudsman for redressal of grievances of students. The Ombudsman shall be a person who has been a judge not below the rank of District Judge or a Retired Professor who has at least 10 years of experience. The Ombudsman shall not, at the time of appointment, during one year before appointment, or in the course of his tenure as Ombudsman, be in a conflict of interest with the University where his personal relationship, professional affiliation or financial interest may compromise or reasonably appear to comprise, the independence of judgement toward the University.
The Ombudsman, or any member of his immediate family shall not:
- Hold or have held at any point in the past, any post, employment in office or profit in the University.
- Have any significant relationship including personal, family, professional or financial, with the University.
- Hold any University position, called by whatever name, under the administration or governance structure of the university.
The Ombudsman in the State Technical University shall be appointed by the University on a part time basis from a panel of three names suggested by the search committee consisting of the following members:
- Nominee of the Governor of concerned State – Chairman
- Two Vice Chancellors by rotation from Public Universities of the State Concerned
- One Vice Chancellor by rotation from Private Universities of the State Concerned
- Secretary (Higher Technical Education) of the State concerned – Convenor
The Ombudsman in a Central Technical University shall be appointed by the Central Technical University concerned on a part time basis from a panel of three namessuggested by the search committee consisting of the following members:
- Chairman AICTE – Chairman
- One Vice Chancellor from Central Technical Universities by rotation
- Joint Secretary Higher Technical Education, MHRD, Government of India
- Member Secretary, AICTE – Convenor.
- The Ombudsman shall be a part time Officer appointed for a period of three years or till 70 years of age whichever is earlier from the date he resumes the Office and may be reappointed for another one term in the same University.