Rules & Regulations
A True Test of Academic Intelligence
Regional College of Management hereinafter referred to as RCM. attaches great importance to integrity, honestly and conducting a disciplined life. A sense of responsibility accompanied by a high degree of maturity is expected from all students.
The following cases will amount to breach of discipline and will attract punishments including expulsion from the hostel and/or institute and/or fines.
- A Proven case of gross misconduct.
- Proven case of reporting of fictitious information or data for empirical study.
- Habitual late coming.
- Absence without prior permission.
- Destroying/damaging property of the institute.
- Creating any kind of parochial feeling leading to disharmony among students and staff of the institute.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in the administrative building, classrooms, library and Computer Centre. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the RCM premises at all times. No student will come to the campus in an inebriated condition.
The notice boards are to be used by the authorized persons to give relevant information concerning their areas of responsibility.
- No student shall put up any notice on the board without authorization by the Administrative Officer/Director
- No notice should be taken off the board when it is still relevant.
- All notices till one year from the date of issue will be available in the Director’s office for reference.
- Not having read a notice is not a sufficient excuse for any information not received by the students.
- Disfiguring of destruction of notice will be treated as a punishable offence.
Payment of tuition fees as well as hostel and mess dues shall be made in time. All payments are to be made by Demand Draft or a Bankers’ Cheque in favor of RCM payable in Bhubaneswar. A late fee will be applicable under the following conditions.
- For a 7 day delay the fine charged will be 5% of the total amount due.
- For a delay between 8 to 14 days, 10% of the total amount due.
- For a delay between 15 to 30 days, 25% of the total amount due.
- Non-payment of dues and/or fines beyond 30 days will invite suspension from RCM. The person will be readmitted only on payment of dues and fines and the readmission fees of Rs. 6,000/- (Rupees Six thousand only) at the discretion of the management.
- RCM reserves its rights to change the above rules through a notice on the notice board.
No student shall remain absent from the classes without prior written permission from the Director. If a student has remained absent for a period of 10 days without the above permission, he/she will be deemed a deserter and his/her name will be struck off the rolls of RCM. The person will be taken back only on a satisfactory explanation given by him/her to the Director and payment of the readmission fees of Rs. 6,000/- (Rupees Six thousand only).
The students, should retain from moving aimlessly and indulging in gossiping at street corners/stalls to avoid giving wrong signals to anti-socials. They should be respectful to their seniors, staffs and teachers. This would form part of the evaluation process. The students should to indulge in any act which will bring disrepute to RCM. They should at all times behave in a disciplined manner both inside and outside the campus.
- No book should be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the person in charge of the issue counter and until it has been properly entered in the issue register and the entry attested by the borrower.
- Each borrower must examine the condition of the books before they are issued otherwise for any mutilation discovered latter, the presumption will be against the borrower.
- Books should be returned with in the period allowed to a borrower.
- When the date for the return for the book falls on an authorized holiday it should be returned to the library on the day the classes resume after the holiday.
- All books belonging to the Library and in possession of borrowers, should be returned to the Library before the college closes for the long vacation and before the date so notified for any purpose.
- A borrower having a Library book in his possession should return it to the Library as soon as he receives a requisition notice.
- No marginal or other notes or marking shall be made on the library books nor shall any picture or page be removed or torn or otherwise disfigured. Students damaging any book in any manner will be penalized.
- The Librarian will report to the Authority the name of the persons responsible for improper use of the Library books.
- Although restrictions are not ordinarily placed on the issue of books from the Library, the authority reserves the right to stop the issue of certain books to all or some intending borrowers without assigning any reason.
- A borrower against whom any fee or charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to borrow books from the Library.
- If any borrower keeps a library book in his/her possession for more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more than the time allowed for the purpose, no more books will be issued to him/her until the book concerned is returned to the Library may be denied to such persons.
- All those who may happen to be inside the Library or in its neighborhood are expected to observe silence and maintain discipline.
- The Library should not be used for any purpose other than reading or consulting books and periodicals in its possession.
- Articles not concerned with the study of books should not be brought into the Library.
- Spitting, smoking, sleeping, eating, loitering, gossiping inside the Library and putting one’s legs on the Library furniture are strictly forbidden.
- Cases of incivility either on the part of intending borrowers or on the part of the Library staff or of any unauthorized person who might happen to be inside the Library should at once be reported to the Principal.
- An unauthorized person who tries to force his way into the Library may be turned out of the Library by the Library Staff.
- A book once issued to a borrower may be reissued to him, only when nobody else wants to take the books. Books before being reissued should be presented before the Issue Counter for necessary entries in the register.
- Books issued to students shall be kept on record in the Library cards, which will be given to them after key are admitted to the Institution.
- The time allowed to borrowers and those specially permitted by the Principal is 15 days beyond which a fine of Rs. 1 per book per day will be charged up to a maximum period of 15 days. Thereafter a fine of Rs. 5.00 per book day will be levied till the book is returned.
- Any book lost, damaged or defaced by a borrower must be replaced by him. If the book is one of a set or a series and the volume cannot be obtained single, the whole set or series must be replaced at the reader’s cost. If the book is rare or irreplaceable, the borrower must be made to pay three times the cost of the book.
- In those cases in which the price of the lost book cannot be ascertained, the student should pay as compensation an amount fixed by the Library Advisory Committee.
- A person who takes a book from the Library is supposed to abide by the rules. Ignorance of the Library rules will be no excuse for the breach of any rule.
- Library books are not transferable.
- For use in the reading room, ordinarily one book at a time, may be issued to every student on a call slip. The Librarian may issue more than one book if he thinks it to be necessary and desirable.
- If a student loses his Library Card, a duplicate Library Card shall be issued to him on making an application to the Principal and on payment of a fine of Rs. 5.00 for the issue of the duplicate Library card.
- If the students deliberately ignore the Library notice to return the long outstanding borrowed books, the matter will be referred to the Dean for appropriate penal action.
- On special cases if the authority feels the student to be a disturbing element, he/she may be disallowed entry into the Library.
- Before entering the computer laboratory, footwear to be removed and kept in order in the space provided for his purpose.
- Bags must be kept in the space provided near security.
- Sign on, with the required information on the laboratory.
- There will be time slots allotted to each group, to be followed by the students.
- Students are advised to maintain discipline and silence within the laboratory. Indiscipline, misconduct and gossiping would attract punishment.
- Before taking any printout, students are required to take permission form the laboratory in-charge and enter in the register. Stationary for printing should be provided by the student or paid for.
- Any hardware and software problems are to be noted in the faculty register.
- Time period for using the net is 60 minutes per student per day maximum.
- Floppies and CDs are not allowed inside the laboratory.
- Smoking, chewing beetle-nut, beverages and any kind of eatables are not to be taken inside the laboratory.
- Students are not allowed to enter the programmer’s room or server room.
- Using laboratory facilities for personal use are prohibited.
- Ratio of terminal to student is 1:1. Sharing of a terminal by more than one student is not allowed.
- Chatting through net is strictly prohibited.
- Any other use of systems except for the purpose related to study is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile/Cell Phone should be off. Students are advised to adhere to the rules and regulations of the “Creative Vision” and obey instructions of laboratory in-charge or faculty.
- Students should maintain total silence during examinations & are not permitted to talk to each other in the examination hall.
- Providing help or receiving help in any form or manner is strictly prohibited during the examination.
- Any type of indication on the answer book in the form of a picture, diagram, line, dot etc. including writing the Roll no. at any other place except the one appropriate for it, will result in expulsion from the exams for two chances.
- No Candidate should leave the Hall without prior permission of the invigilators at any time in general & before an hour after examination starts in particular.
- Candidates should not write anything on the question paper or Admit Card.
- Each candidate shall be checked at the entrance to examination center & in examination hall during the course of examination as & when Centre Superintendent considers it necessary. Moreover, Candidates refusing to submit to the check at the entrance shall be refused entry to the examination. Those refusing to submit to the check in the examination hall shall be liable to instant expulsion.
- No candidate shall leave the examination hall earlier than 10 minutes before the warning bell without submitting the answer book.
- It is the duty of the candidate to hand over the Answer book to the invigilator before leaving the hall.
- If a candidate is found with any paper connected or not connected with examination, he/she shall have to surrender it to the invigilator on demand & make a written statement thereof, if necessary. Refusal to surrender the material or to make a statement shall render the candidate liable to instant expulsion from the center of examination. Copying in any form is strictly prohibited.
- Candidate wishing to say anything should stand up in his/her seat & remain standing until an invigilator comes to him/her. He/she should on no account leave the seat or make any noise to draw the invigilator’s attention.
- Candidates are required to behave properly & maintain absolute discipline inside & outside the examination hall. Any candidate accused of misconduct inside or outside the examination hall shall be seriously dealt with & would be liable to expulsion from the examination and/or any other punishment deemed suitable by the Centre Superintendent.
- Persons unconnected to examination shall in no account be allowed to enter the examination hall. If a candidate of any other examination of the college or student of other discipline attempts in supplying incrementing material or enter the hall unauthorized to help the examines in any other manner, he shall be liable to expulsion from the college or debarred from appearing in examination or receive any other punishment deemed suitable by the teachers committee. Infringement by the candidate of any of the above rules will render him/her liable to expulsion from examination hall by the center superintendent.
Girl’s Hostels Time & Discipline:
The girl students residing in the institute’s hostel will be required strictly to abide by the hostel rules as may be notified from time to time during their stay in the hostel. The girl students should return to the hostel by 7.30 P.M. They should not leave the hostel after 7.30 P.M. Since the hostel is located inside the campus, the students are directed not to shout or play loud music as part of any celebration at night as it does not enhance our image as a professional institution both within and outside.
Change of Hostel:
Students should not change their officially allotted hostel rooms without prior written permission from the Hotel Superintendent.
Visitors should be discouraged from coming to the girls’ living rooms. In case of exigencies, mother/sister/sister-in-law is allowed to go to the room of the Boarders. If they come, the students should take them outside their rooms and talk to them so that others are not disturbed. The visiting hour is from 5.30 P.M. to 7.30 P.M. No visitor is allowed to meet a boarder after 7.30 P.M. The boarder should not loiter with the visitor outside the hostel premises.
Every student is expected to conduct herself in a disciplined manner as the inmate of the hostel. A sense of responsibility towards other students as well as towards hostel property should be the hall mark of life inside the hostel. The following cases would amount to breach of discipline and will attract punishment. The nature of the punishment will be decided by the institute’s authority.
- A case of misconduct.
- Absence from the hostel without prior permission.
- Destroying/damaging the property of the hostel.
- Misbehavior with other students and staff of the hostel.
- Disfiguring walls and furniture etc. of the hostel.
- Creating any kind of parochial feelings leading to disharmony among students and staff of the institute.
- Any breach of the Hostel rules.
- Students are required to collect hostel clearance certificate from the Hostel Superintendent on completion of the program and hand-over the possession of the room occupied along with the furniture, fixtures and other articles supplied to them during their stay to the Hostel Superintendent directly.
- Students who wish to accommodate a guest overnight in the hostel will have to seek prior permission of the Hostel Superintendent. The student must inform in advance the name of the guest and her relationship with the guest.
- In case a boarder wants to go to her native place or visit a relative, when there is no holiday, she should obtain prior permission of the superintendent.
- It any deviation from the above rules comes to the notice of the college authorities suitable disciplinary action will be taken against the boarder.
Statute of Limitation
It is expected that an applicant admitted to the MBA Program will begin his/her study during the year she/he receives the admission. Those who fail to join the program after confirmation of admission may be required to reapply before they can start the program. The MBA program must be completed within 2 years from the date of the beginning of the program. Any extension beyond the stipulated two years for the MBA has to be recommended by the faculty committee and approved by the Director.
Leave of Absence
A student may be permitted to take a leave of absence for a term or a year that will be judged on a case to case basis. On return the student will however be required to pay the fee as per the fee structure prevailing at the time of re-joining the program. All students desiring to take such leave of absence have to formally apply to the Director. RCM reserved the right to decline such request and its decision will be treated as final and binding. The period of leave of absence is counted towards the period specified in the stature of limitation.
Interpretation of the Above Rules
Wherever the rules are not clear or there is no specific mention of responsibilities and obligations by the students of by the institution, the matter will be decided by the institution and the decision of the institution would be final. (The management reserves the right to amend, delete, substitute any of these rules without prejudice which would be brought to the notice of the students through notice board of the institute).
Any dispute on the above rules are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Bhubaneswar.
RCM expects certain values from the students based on the trust, honesty, integrity and co-operation in both, the hostel and the class room. Just as in any organization, which looks for human growth, we at the institute look for similar growth of the students through development of shared values and mature sensitivities to human as well as organizational needs. In a nutshell, RCM intends to develop a culture in which the students consciously lead a community life with understanding of mutual needs.